Throughout history drawings were the most popular medium to show spanking art, somehow painting never has taken over the leading role which was common for other subjects such as nude or still life. All these spanking illustrations were drawn from imagination.
Ever since the middle age spanking drawings with pigmented inkt are featured in religious and secular book illustrations. With the rise of the first image printing technologies, like woodcat and engraving, it became possible to reproduce black and white illustrations in many identical copies. Later followed advancement in perspective, as well further technical innovations such as the etching and the lithography, which allowed reproducing drawings in fine gradients of grey, from pitch-black to almost white. Most of these works were book illustrations. These are the images I have been collecting over the years and for which you can find many art at this site. You will not find art related to spanking children, despite the fact this is a huge part of historical work on the subject of discipline and spanking, I avoid the subject since I prefer consensual spanking between adults as part of a erotic play.
My search for vintage erotic art related to spanking has also been a search for artwork that was produced to arouse adults with art presenting spanking in a consenual way. I learned that in France their were many artists who illustrated the fun and excitement of spanking as part of erotic pleasures, while in Germany artists tended to show the fear for the discipline and presented spanking as cruel events.
Spanking art can be found all around my site, you can discover various known artists and anonymous artists who illustrated books. There is also a special gallery with illustrated books for which the artist could not be determined. There are also some downloads available. Below you can enjoy a small presentation of artists and books with spanking art, for more I encourage you to browse the site.
- Bode, HelgaBesides spanking and related corporal punishment scenes, she also drew enema and bottom fetish scenes. Her range of age and gender combinations varies widely; her most common ones are F/f, F/F, F/m, M/F, and M/m.
Most of Carlo's art is woman spanking art (F/F, M/F and /F). The ladies in Carlo's art almost always wear Stiletto heels, typical of BDSM/shoe fetishism, and also often tightlaced corsets and/or stockings.
- View AlbumSpanking Illustratrions, artist unknown
- Herouard, Cheri (Herric)
Herouard made a lot of spanking artworks. In the non-BDSM world, he was most famously known for his forty-five year work for the French society magazine La Vie Parisienne
- Fille Punie Illustrator unknown
Writte by Belly Marquerite
Published in 1935
- Mira, K
Illustrator from spanking and auto spanking drawings
- Hirlemann, Charles
Hirlemann Charles was a French artist who signed his works C. Ch Hirlemann or, sometimes identified as "G. Hirlemann" in some library catalogs, but it is a mistake (the Ch was mistaken for a G).
- Le Cinglant ArgumentWritten by Pierre Guenole
Published in 1900
- View AlbumSpanking Illustrations, artist unknown
- Smit, Gaston Gaston Smit used the aliases Georges Topfer and James Barclay. He was known for his sadomasochistic illustrations
- Turbulentes Ecolières Written by Maurice de Vindas
Publlished in 1921
- View Album Spanking Art, perhaps Russian, Artist unknown
- Anonymous ArtistsArtworks from anonymous illustrators, no info was found on the artworks being related to any published books.
- Spanking Illustrated Books 16 books illustrated between 1857 and 1960
A total of 179 medium and large images
All of these albums can be found on Illustrated Books
- View AlbumAnonymous (I think German) spanking illustrations
- Spanking Illustrations13 albums with 97 arge spanking illustrations. This is a rare collection from anonymous artists who illustrated between 1890 and 1950.
All of these albums can be found on Anonymous artists
- Spanked in Bed Written by Sylvestre de Ruan
Privately printed ca 1930
- Prints & PostersA special collection naughty cards, created with vintage artworks. These can be purchased via my Shop at RedBubble. Prints can also be found at Fine Art America
- Purchase MembershipAs member of this site you get unlimited access to rare vintage fetish artworks illustrated between 1880 and 1960. Curious to know more about the benefits, click here to read more.
Are you already a member and experiencing problems? Please read the FAQ or contact me.